{Week 1 - 3D Art} MeetMat Project (SAW)




For my meet Mat Project, the tools I used in the project were only Substance Painter. I Included uses of generators such as the metallic generator on the hands and face to give it rough edges and make it look like a old doll decrepit doll like in the movies. Filters including hue and saturation filters to adjust the projections I put on the character as well as Warp textures to add wear and tear and overall messiness to the character's marking and makeup.

I also used masks and folder structures to only add roughness and folds to the parts with clothing, and to leave the "skin", buttons, and shoes shiny like a toy. Overall I wanted Mat to feel like an actual doll you could pick up in real life, hence why I made the tux and folds realistic, an idea similar to a Build a Bear.

My character was Billy the Puppet from the Saw horror movie Franchise. My favorite horror films.
 

Comments